The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] New Axiom Install
03-07-19, 12:31 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-19 04:21 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] New Axiom Install
I am currently installing a new Axiom system that includes; 1-Axiom 9 Pro, 1 Axiom, 1-M232 Flir, 1-Quantum2 Radar,1-RCR card reader, and an RMK 10.
As the new system will tie into my existing SeaTalk 1 system that includes an ST7000+ autopilot and course computer.
I am installing a SeatalkNG to Seatalk1 converter at my chart table. The new network will consist of an HS5 Network switch that will tie the Axiom 9, FLIR, Radar, and RMK10.
From the HS5 unit, I will be using a Raynet cable to tie my helm station into helm station starter kit backbone. The helm station will contain the Axiom 9 Pro and the RCR Remote card reader. The ST1 to STng converter will make the tie into the course computer at the helm. Please see an attached drawing that I have made.
OK, here is my dilemma. starter kit backbone instructions indicate that the new NG network can have only 1 power supply if tied into another system. Since my existing course computer has its own power supply do I disconnect it and power the existing ST1 system from the starter kit powered backbone since the backbone is connected to the powered converter.

TJ
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] New Axiom Install - TJ Champion - 03-07-19 12:31 PM