Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] NMEA 183 depth gauge causes A75 MFD to re-cycle
04-03-19, 09:10 AM (This post was last modified: 04-03-19 09:11 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] NMEA 183 depth gauge causes A75 MFD to re-cycle
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Mickey,

Q1. As I had powered the new MFD from the 183 system, I was advised on this forum to instead power the new 2000 system, and then the 183 side from that.
A1. For clarification, the a6x and a7x MFDs do not have a NMEA 0183 communications interface. Also, MFDs are not designed to be powered via their communications interfaced, including their SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface. Per the FAQ found here addressing marine electronics power circuits, it is recommended that MFD be powered from a power circuit dedicated to the MFD(s).

With regard to any future stability issues with the MFD after addressing the issue with the NMEA 0183 depth sounder, it would be recommended that you verify that the MFD's software be updated with the final software release for the a/c/e-Series MFDs (LightHouse II v19.03). If so and the problem persists, then it would be recommended that a System Settings & Data Reset (HOME=>SET-UP->MAINTENANCE->SYSTEM SETTINGS & DATA RESET) be commanded.

Q2. I've now found that if I remove the depth gauge from the 183 circuit, everything works fine. Would this point to a problem in the depth gauge itself? The transducer? Cabling between the two?
A2. This could indeed point to an issue with the NMEA 0183 device. For troubleshooting recommendation of the NMEA 0183 device, it would be recommended that the manufacturer of that device be contacted for troubleshooting recommendations.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] NMEA 183 depth gauge causes A75 MFD to re-cycle - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-03-19 09:10 AM