The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Connect my SmartCraft manged engines to my Axiom MFD
04-15-19, 12:53 PM (This post was last modified: 04-22-19 01:06 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Connect my SmartCraft manged engines to my Axiom MFD
I have a 2006 48 SeaRay Sundancer, with twin cummins 8.3 engines currently managed by the SmartCraft DieselView LCD displays. Everything is working fine with both my SmartCraft DieselView and my twin Axiom 12" MFDs. They are both running the latest version of Light House.

I have purchased and installed a Mercury NMEA 2000 CAN to NEMA Gateway (see attached PDF) as discussed in other post on this forum. The gateway is connected to a properly powered and terminate NEMA 2000 backbone that is also connected to my primary Axim MFD. Both the CAN LED and NEMA 2000 LED light up as expected in the gateway's manual. The gateway's manual says data should be flowing in both directions if the lights are on. But on my Axiom I don't see any engine data. I have ran through the identify engine process but it does not detect any data. I dont see any engine data on the MD's dashboard.

According to the gateway's troubleshooting section it states:

"If Data is not being transferred NMEA 2000 bus device ID's are not approved and are being blocked. Contact Mercury Marine service for helm Gateway (autopilot) device approval list."

Does anyone know if the Axiom is approved or how to get these two devices communicating? If it is not approved (why not?) and what are my options to get it approved? I will be happy to buy a NEMA2000 gateway for my PC If I need to program something. I'm comfortable with code and protocols so not afraid to dig in on this. Looking for guidance on what to do next.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Connect my SmartCraft manged engines to my Axiom MFD - JohnR2016 - 04-15-19 12:53 PM