Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Sounder Supply Voltage Too Low
05-02-19, 07:44 AM (This post was last modified: 05-02-19 08:10 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] Sounder Supply Voltage Too Low
I have a single transducer and it is connected to the center Axiom. The 3 Axiom's are networked together using an Hs5 Network Switch. The transducer is original to the boat (2003) and I believe is an Airmar B45 so its just a 600W 50/200khz ducer.. What I meant by "try to run the fishfinder on the port screen" was simply when I select the fishfinder menu on the port Axiom in an attempt to display the fishfinder module on that display.

Radar and Chart both display fine on the port Axiom. If I had a large voltage drop, wouldn't you expect at least Radar to be unable to display as well?

I have not tried running the fishfinder on the starboard Axiom yet but will do so and report back. I will also inspect the connections and, if necessary, take a voltage reading of the supply getting to the Port Axiom.

Now that I am typing this, is it possible that the conical 50/200khz signal from my transducer is not able to get to the other Axioms via the digital network switch?

The other thing I should note is that the center Axiom is and RV whereas the other two are just plotters. Maybe that fact prevents me from displaying the fishfinder data on the non RV units?

Thanks, Dave
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Sounder Supply Voltage Too Low - ddfour1 - 05-02-19 07:44 AM