Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Estimated fuel level and distance to empty at zero
06-04-19, 09:35 PM
RE: [TG11] Estimated fuel level and distance to empty at zero
Hello mark d,

You shouldn't need to (and are probably best not to) re-do the Fuel Manager setup. The message types coming out of the engine shouldn't change (unless there's something wrong) and if the initial setup was right then re-doing it shouldn't be necessary.

When you say you cannot enter values: what values are you trying to enter, and what is going wrong with that entry?

One thing that might be causing you problems after your recent software update is that we're finding a range of intermittent, inconsistent behaviours in MFDs after a software update at the moment. Our software engineers are looking into the problem, but in the meantime we're advising that people do a software reset after doing an MFD software upgrade. This solves these inconsistent behaviours and may well solve your problem. To do a reset, please:
  1. Back up all of your settings and data to a MicroSD card through Home > My Data > Import/Export > Save Settings and Save My Data
  2. Reset through Home > Settings > This Display > Factory Reset
  3. Re-do the Fuel Manager setup.

If this solves the problem, great. If not, please can you log NMEA2000 data as I described before and send to me?

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Estimated fuel level and distance to empty at zero - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-04-19 09:35 PM