Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] New Raymarine system & questions . . .
07-23-19, 10:03 AM (This post was last modified: 07-23-19 10:39 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] New Raymarine system & questions . . .
Chuck,

Life got in the way and I'm only now getting around to the instrument installation. A couple of additional questions:

1. The attached scan is from pages 28-29 of the "i50 Instrument & Operation Instructions", dated 06-2017, doc number 81341-4.

When connecting the i50 depth/speed and i60 wind instruments to an ITC-5, both the diagram attached at sections 4.5 and 4.6 show no connection to the backbone coming out of the ITC-5 from the middle spur connecting point. The 4.5 diagram shows a power connection at the middle connecting point, and the 4.6 diagram shows nothing, a blank at the spur connection.

Clearly the ITC-5 is already going to be connected to the backbone via both of the other connections. Does it also need to be connected via the middle spur connection?

To clarify, does the middle spur connection also need to be used to connect the ITC-5 to the backbone when the ITC-5 is already supplying data to the backbone via the left and right backbone connections?

2. Does the i70s (master) need to be positioned next in the sequence after the ITC-5, and before the i50 depth/wind and the i60 wind? Or does it not matter where the i70s is placed in the connection sequence? Is there a preferred sequence for connection of related instruments?

3. Same sequence question for the autopilot components (ACU-100, EV unit, p70s), do they need to be connected in sequence or can their individual connections be located anywhere in the backbone?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Martin

Attached File(s)
.pdf  ITC5 Connection Question.pdf (Size: 651.11 KB / Downloads: 301)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread