The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Problems with Obtaining Depth Info
06-19-19, 09:00 PM (This post was last modified: 06-21-19 08:30 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Problems with Obtaining Depth Info
I have a Raymarine A65 Chartplotter & GPS and DSM25 Sounder Module. My system also uses a AIRMAR P58 Triducer as a sensor. The P58 Triducer is an "in hull unit" mounted in the bilge near the stern of the boat. There is no indication of the P58 protruding thru the hull of the boat.

All the systems seem to work properly except the depth indicator. About 66% to 75% of the time I see flashing dashes on the screen with no depth indication during operation. During the balance of the time, the unit shows a depth reading which appears to be correct. There is no pattern or timing reference as to when the unit will show a depth reading or not. It is completely random.

I checked the status LEDs on the DSM 25 and the lights show a green indication. According to my Owners Handbook, this indicates that the DSM 25 is operating correctly.

Based on the above, could the problem with not showing the depth be related to the P58 Triducer? If so, can the Triducer be cleaned? If so how? Does the DSM 25 need to be replaced? If so, is a replacement P58 or alternative compatible unit available? If so, where?

Any assistance in helping me resolve this issue will be greatly appreciated!

Lee P
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Problems with Obtaining Depth Info - Lee P - 06-19-19 09:00 PM