Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] ZF-marine VMU POD D10 for Wind Vane
07-01-19, 12:33 PM
RE: [CA11] ZF-marine VMU POD D10 for Wind Vane
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Horacio,

Please note that the pod which you have referenced is not a Raymarine product and is not sold as part of any Raymarine autopilot kit. While Raymarine offers the Raymarine’s web siteEV-DBW for use with ZF Pods and this Evolution autopilot does not the ZF-marine VMU POD D10 which you have referenced. The EV-DBW autopilot's EV-2 CCU features a dedicated CAN Bus port for direct connection to steer-by-wire steering systems:
- ZF Pod Drives
- Volvo† IPS* and Volvo Aquamatic
- Teleflex Optimus 360 Systems (Outboard Engines)
- Yanmar VC10 and JC10 (Joystick) Control Systems

When Raymarine had offered ST70/ST290 pods, these were available in depth, speed/temp, and wind pod variants. Third party pods may not be used for any wind vanes which one is seeking to calibrate through a Raymarine product. As indicated previously, should you desire to add wind data a system to support the autopilot's wind vane mode, then it would be recommended that one of the following product combinations be added to the system:
- i60 Wind System (includes i60 Wind instrument and masthead wind transducer)
- i70 Multifunction Instrument Display, iTC-5 Analog Instrument Converter, Masthead Wind Transducer
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] ZF-marine VMU POD D10 for Wind Vane - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-01-19 12:33 PM