The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] I60 dashes for true wind and P70 NO SPEED DATA
07-02-19, 08:59 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-19 03:04 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] I60 dashes for true wind and P70 NO SPEED DATA
Hi,
I have a problem with my Raymarine instruments.
I have the following:
i50 TriData
i60 Wind
P70 Autopilot control
EV200 autopilot with EV-1 Electric drive type 1
SeaTalk to Seatalk Ng bridge
Remote Control
on SeaTalk Ng

Garmin 7610xsv
Actisense NMEA0183 bridge
Actisense Engine Emulator EMU-1
Fusion Radio
Barometer
on NMEA2000 backbone

Last summer and at the beginning of this sailing season I had the following problems:
On the i60 the true wind would disappear suddenly and were replaced by dashes, after a minute or so the true wind value would come back. It goes on and on like that all the time.

On the P70 and would get the message NO SPEED DATA after acknowledging the message the autopilot started working again until I got the same message.

Two weekend ago I had no speed, no temperature and no log info on the TriData. I changed the speed and temperature sender (ST800) last weekend and the speed, temperature and log are now working perfectly.

Even after replacing the ST800 (speed and temperature sender) I still get dashes now and then on the i60 and the P70 still gives me NO SPEED DATA. (variable, could be ok for 20 minutes or 5 minutes).

I have a video showing the speed on the i50 and the i60 showing dashes for true wind if you would like to see it. The speed on the i50 is changing, so it is getting the speed info, but the i60 is not showing true wind, it shows 3 dashes.

I have a NMEA2000 backbone connected to the SeaTalk Ng backbone but the speed for the true wind calculation and for the autopilot comes from the i50 and the i50,i60 and P70 are right besides each other connected with raymarine white cable to the SeaTalk-Seatalk Ng bridge which is connected to the ACU200-EV1 with Raymarine blue cable. the other side of the Seatalk bridge is connected to the NMEA2000 backbone with a blue cable.

Very frustrating, I don't know what to do anymore.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[LW11] I60 dashes for true wind and P70 NO SPEED DATA - Georges Paquette - 07-02-19 08:59 PM