Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] I60 dashes for true wind and P70 NO SPEED DATA
07-17-19, 08:45 PM
RE: [LW11] I60 dashes for true wind and P70 NO SPEED DATA
Hi,

Of course I have terminators.
Before last weekend the i50,i60 and P70 were connected in daisy chain. I50 was connected to i60, i60 was connected to P70 and P70 was connected to a white port on the SeaTalk Ng to SeaTalk bridge.
I read somewhere on your site that this was not a NMEA2000 accepted configuration.
Last weekend I changed the Backbone connection:
I connected the SeaTalk Ng cable coming from the ACU200 into a Raymarine 5 ways port on the Blue connector, I the connected each instrument individually with a Raymarine black/white cable into a port on the 5 ways Port, I then connected a Blue cable from the 5 ways port to the blue port on the SeaTalk Ng to SeaTalk converter. The cable on the Yellow port goes to a SeaTalk 3 ways hub, this is to support My remote control. I then connected the last Blue port on the bridge to mt Maretron NMEA2000 backbone using a Raymarine Blue cable but with a modification, I installed a Maretron connector so that the Blue cable now had the proper connector to attach to the NMEA2000 backbone, like a true NMEA2000 backbone.

I tested the new setup and I still have the same problem.
I found on the internet a way for selftestinf of the i50 but it does not seem to work. When I enter the test mode I get FA L1 (no I) for the first test and a blank screen for the second test.
I tried the same selftest procedure on my friend I50 and got the same result.
You will find attached a copy of my Backbone.
Hope to solve this before my next voyage.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [LW11] I60 dashes for true wind and P70 NO SPEED DATA - Georges Paquette - 07-17-19 08:45 PM