Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Uncommanded 360 while in track mode
07-17-19, 07:39 AM
RE: [CA11] Uncommanded 360 while in track mode
hynespa,

Q1) I am not sure what the Fluxgate compass looks like. The one on my boat would be the original one installed with the S3G course computer when the boat was built in 2005. Is there a link to a photo of the 2005 Raymarine fluxgate compass, so that I can correctly identify it when I go searching in the boat for it?
A1) You can find information concerning the autopilot's Fluxgate compass (image shown below) within its installation guide.

[Image: RAYM81190-2.jpg?1538724449]

Q2) Is there a photo or diagram showing where the gyro is plugged into on a S3G course computer board or step by step instructions on opening the S3G and unplugging the fluxgate?
A2) Unfortunately, product disassembly/repair support is outside of the scope of support which is offered. That said, the S2G/S3G course computer's cover is secured to the chassis by four screws which pass through the front face of the cover ... simply remove these screws to permit the cover to be pulled away from the chassis. The course computer's rate gyro (photo shown below) should be very easy to locate on the processor board and it is the only component having a cable like that shown below.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2901]

Q3. I have attached a copy of the Raymarine S3G installation / wiring diagram. In the Fluxgate compass test it says to unplug the transducer and connect the multimeter to combinations of the Red/Green/Yellow/Blue wires. I don't see where the transducer is wired into the S3G - so I want to make sure I'm unplugging the right thing. Could you point out where it is wired into the S3G?
A3. The diagram shown is that of the S3G's power/interface terminals. The terminals labeled Fluxgate are those to which the autopilot's fluxgate compass should be connected.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Uncommanded 360 while in track mode - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-17-19 07:39 AM