Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Stability of eS127 with v3.10.39 - Bermuda
08-05-19, 09:39 AM
RE: [CA11] Stability of eS127 with v3.10.39 - Bermuda
Chuck,

Thank you for the response, however I was able to rectify the issue over the weekend. I will attempt to explain what I did.

Initially what I noticed was that the clock was erratic. Also, despite the homepage indicating I had a fix (white lat long), and the GPS state page saying "fix", no satellites were showing on the appropriate screen. As mentioned earlier, the MFD did show my location, and it would be accurate at times, then be off by up to 1/4 mile. I do not have an external GPS antenna, therefore the system was set correctly with regard to using internal GPS.

Going from memory now, I navigated to a page that allowed for where to choose GPS datum. There was an option for NMEA 0183xxx, and this was checked. There was not actually the "[censored]" after the 0183, but a number in parenthesis that I cant recall. I unchecked it and picked the appropriate one, and all is fine now.

It should be worth noting that the system worked fine with LHII when I updated to III, and followed the instructions implicitly. Somehow the update made the switch.

I have no other GPS devices aboard
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Stability of eS127 with v3.10.39 - Bermuda - kevindr - 08-05-19 09:39 AM