The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] 2 Questions on gS165 I Recently Installed
08-13-19, 07:15 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-19 03:22 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] 2 Questions on gS165 I Recently Installed
I recently upgraded electronics to an Axiom and a gS165 that I could not pass up because of a sale. I have 2 questions on the gS which I easily upgraded to Lighthouse 3:

1. Is the gS165 able to connect to the internet via WIFI for updates? I have successfully connected to my iPhone for the Raymarine Remote but I don't see a list of available WIFI's to connect to. When I use the Raymarine Remote on the iPhone it connects and works fine. Same with iPad to transfer Routes on my Navionics App but nothing resembling a way to comment to internet through WIFI.

2. I easily upgraded the firmware to Lighthouse 3. Big improvement over the original Raymarine program a year ago. My question is how should I be updating to new revisions. Presently at 3.10.39 and I can't get the3.10.42 revision to be recognized. Do I have use the upgrade path for legacy gS display which includes the entire firmware package when downloading or do I use the revision path for Axiom which assumes Lighthouse 3 is already installed. Would be so much easier if I could directly connect to internet as per my question #1.

As always I appreciate your great support. That is why I stay with Raymarine when I do my upgrades every few years.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] 2 Questions on gS165 I Recently Installed - JohnBRI - 08-13-19 07:15 PM