Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Electronics update on Sailboat.
08-26-19, 08:51 AM
RE: [CA11] Electronics update on Sailboat.
Calvin,

Q1) Can I run the Axiom9 at the pedestal with just a power connection and no network connection - e.g. the Axiom has its dedicated power line wired to the main panel but the SeatalkNG connection is not connected to a SeatalkNG backbone with its associated power.
A1) Yes. MFD are designed to be powered via the supplied Power/NMEA 2000 Cable using the cables' power (red and black) leads irrespective of whether the MFD will be interfaced as a spur to a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. MFDs are neither designed to be powered via a SeaTalkng / NME2000 backbone nor to supply power to a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.

Q2a)Once I get an i series instrument and setup my SeatalkNG backbone with the instrument and the Axiom, will the Axiom draw power from the SeatalkNG backbone
A2a) Negative ... see the response to Q1.

Q2b) will it still require its dedicated power source? Does it need both?
A2b) Both. The MFD will be powered as specified within the response to Q1. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone should be powered.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Electronics update on Sailboat. - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-26-19 08:51 AM