Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Axiom Miracast LG TV not working
09-11-19, 01:07 AM (This post was last modified: 09-11-19 03:15 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] Axiom Miracast LG TV not working
Hello Gypsy King,

If you haven't already seen it, this discussion might shed some light.

The fact that the connection is range-dependent suggests that the Wifi channel might be a factor (there's info on the above thread about checking/changing channels.) Other things that spring to mind are that with standard Android devices, the protocol in use might not actually be Miracast but the Google-specific variant, Google Cast, which isn't the same technology exactly. We use Miracast instead of Google Cast (or Apple Airplay, or any of the other variants) because only Miracast is Wifi Alliance certified and vendor-neutral (available to iOS, Android and other users.) I also see that your specific model of TV isn't listed as Miracast-certified at https://www.wi-fi.org/product-finder-res...anies=1341, though other LG TVs are.

I'd have a look at the Wifi channels and signal tests described in my first link, and if no luck there then save yourself the pain and get a Miracast-certified dongle such as the Microsoft Wireless Display adaptor.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Axiom Miracast LG TV not working - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-11-19 01:07 AM