Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Smart transducers giving erratic depth readings
09-22-19, 03:56 PM
RE: [CA11] Smart transducers giving erratic depth readings
Hi Chuck, and hope you had a good weekend! I got to the boat and carried out the troubleshooting steps you suggested. Here are the results.

First, I manually selected the DT800 (though the Axiom lists it as a DT200?) as source for depth information. FWIW, there were no other devices listed as providers of depth data. -- No change (still saw depth fluctuations).

Second, I rotated the DT800 180 degrees -- No change.

Third, I captured N2k logs and system data as you suggested. I've attached four files...

1) Saved "product info" data
2) N2k log - normal depth readings
3) N2k log - fluctuating depth readings. Erroneous depth readings start about 6 seconds in, and then go back to normal 8 or 9 seconds later.
4) N2k and Raynet network diagram

While capturing these logs, I deliberately had several devices powered off -- ACU400, Fusion stereo, B&G VHF, and Vesper AIS -- to reduce extraneous network traffic, and hopefully eliminate a few "suspects" as we're troubleshooting. However, I have observed the same fluctuating depth behavior with all of these devices powered on. As mentioned before, there is no sonar transducer in the system, and there are also no computers connected anywhere.

I can't interpret much of what's in the logs, but skimming the second one, it certainly appears that the DT800 is broadcasting incorrect depth numbers intermittently (as does my DST850, which was not connected during this test). Any help figuring out what's causing this is greatly appreciated!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Smart transducers giving erratic depth readings - jetx - 09-22-19 03:56 PM