Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] wiring diagram of my Raymarine appliances
10-10-19, 01:30 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-19 01:38 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] wiring diagram of my Raymarine appliances
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Aldej,

Fusion 7xx Series head units feature both NMEA 2000 and Ethernet communications interfaces. As your diagram does not presently indicate that the MFD has been interfaced to devices having an Ethernet communication interface, it would then be recommended that the MFD be interfaced to the Fusion 7xx Series head unit via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RJ45(M) Cable.

The diagram appears to be missing a T-Piece for the AIS650 ... i.e. the AIS650 must be interfaced to a spur socket within the backbone via an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable (not Backbone Cable).

The termination also appears to be incorrect. When the backbone has been correctly created a unoccupied backbone socket will be found at the two opposite ends of the backbone. A SeaTalkng Termination Plug (blue) will be installed within each of these two backbone sockets. No other termination plugs will be used within the system. A SeaTalkng Blanking Plug (black) may be inserted into any unoccupied spur (white) sockets within the backbone to protect the socket from the marine environment.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] wiring diagram of my Raymarine appliances - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 10-10-19 01:30 PM