Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] AIS700 do not send position data to DSC VHF
01-06-20, 11:01 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-20 11:14 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [LW11] AIS700 do not send position data to DSC VHF
Dear Louise,
sorry for my delay in the answer. I was able to reach the vessel only end of 2019.
I check again all the connections. It were wired as per connection chematic suggestion present on the forum. I check also the connections from the two side of the cable, all are NOT interrupted.
In summary: I'm able to see all AIS700 informations on my MFD C80 via NMEA at high speed 38400Baud.
What is ONLY missing the transmission data from AIS700 to ICOM M330E VHF via low speed at 4800Baud. This is key in emergency conditions.
Attached the waveform I'm able to see from AIS700 to MFD (In and OUT) at high speed (38400Baud) and AIS700 to VHF (Out) at low speed (4800baud). This connection do NOT show any activity so VHF can't show UTC, Lat Long etc.
MY question is: where are generated the UTC, Lat, Long data AIS shoud send to VHF? Inside the MFD or inside the AIS700 units? This info is not present in the manual in my hands.

Pls Note Raymarine Italy changed the AIS700 unit but nothing change it seems the isue is NOT on the HW. I'm sure the wire connections are correct and al the cable where tested also in continuity...
Thansk to answer my question above.
Any suggestion where to check inside MFD or AIS700 menu to set up the data flow from AIS to VHF?
Cheers MAX

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread