Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Locating RV-220 Transducer
11-20-19, 10:47 PM
RE: [CA11] Locating RV-220 Transducer
Chuck,

Thanks for the good advice . After much consternation and head scratching, I've finally decided where to place my transducers.

You mentioned that some research indicated the deadrise on my boat was 13 deg. Thirteen deg is the deadrise at the transom of the boat. I took some deadrise measurements forward, under and aft of the engines on both sided of the boat. The place with the cleanest water flow is forward of the engines. The deadrise in this section of the boat is just under 20 deg so I do need the RV-220 transducers. This placement also gives the most distance from the engines to reduce engine interference.

The lateral distance between the transducers is about 44", well within the 7' max. separation. This separation is also plenty far enough away from the skeg to avoid blind spots in shallower water.

The longitudinal position on the boat is about 16.5' forward of the transom. This is probably less than ideal but the transducers should remain in the water as the boat rises and falls on the seas.

Thanks again.

Brad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Locating RV-220 Transducer - Bradfish - 11-20-19 10:47 PM