Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA11] integrate e165 & RD424HD w. older Raytheon electronics
11-18-19, 04:53 PM (This post was last modified: 11-18-19 04:53 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] integrate e165 & RD424HD w. older Raytheon electronics
Kevin,

Q1. One remaining puzzling aspect to my older RC520 & SL70 displays is whether they belong to the hsb1 or hsb2 category/generation, or, if that distinction even matters, practically-speaking. Based on my reading to date, I became fairly certain they were 'hsb' (HighSpeedBus), aka 'hsb1' ... and I can understand why Raytheon/Raymarine would downplay the acronym's underlying long form description (, seeing as the immediate next generation ['hsb2'] needed to be differentiated from 'hsb', therefore retroactively making 'hsb' = 'hsb1',) and, how still later generations of higher bandwidth system busses made the 'HighSpeed ... ' descriptor antiquated.

Am I correct in assuming I have 'hsb' / 'hsb1' displays based on them being mono-chromatic? Or ?

A1. Whether the display has no high speed communications circuitry or have hsb/hsb2 communications circuitry has no bearing on this installation. SL displays do not feature a high speed communications interface (hsb or hsb1). Accordingly, these displays are not designed to share cartography, radar, or fishfinder imagery with other displays. Per the FAQ found here, you can determine whether the display features hsb or hsb2 communications circuitry. Whether a display features monochrome or color LCD is no indication of the type of high speed communications circuitry (if any) which is installed within a hsb/hsb/SL Pathfinder Series Display. The referenced FAQ also indicates the capabilities of a hsb display which had been interfaced to another hsb display. It likewise indicates the capabilities of a hsb2 display which had been interfaced to another hsb2 display.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] integrate e165 & RD424HD w. older Raytheon electronics - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-18-19 04:53 PM