Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Element transducer choices, wooden boats
11-23-19, 01:18 PM (This post was last modified: 11-23-19 04:52 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Element transducer choices, wooden boats
Thank you Chuck, that information is exactly what I was not clear about and hoping to confirm. After re-starting research from flush bronze transducers back to the MFD's that they support, I find myself back to the Element HV. I think just the chart plotter alone is worth the investment and might take a chance that Raymarine will someday offer the bronze transducer option but have two questions before I take a leap of faith.

Question #1. Because of limited space in my bilge, I will have to place the transducer closer to my old analog depth gauge sounder, (which still works great) than the recommended 39 inches. I am not sure how the old sending unit operates but if I put it on a switch on it to turn it off, is there any reason the HV-300 will be affected by the dormant unit (magnets?) if placed 18 or 20 inches away?

Question # 2. Since I will be fulfilling all my needs and also saving a thousand or two $ by going with the Element HV, i'm getting more comfortable with a transducer that is not flush on the boats that will be on and off their trailers. Both of my old wooden boats have keels that protrude less or about 4 inches and keeping the transducer as close as possible to the keel will offer it the needed protection from the the bunk equipped trailers. Since the displacement hull dead rise in that area is less than 10 degrees, how close to the wooden keel can the transducers be placed without interfering with the downward cone angle? (sorry, could not find a cone angle specification in the available literature). I'm hoping that a pair will not be necessary. Thank you again for your insights and recommendations. NN
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Element transducer choices, wooden boats - NLNATL - 11-23-19 01:18 PM