The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] connecting st60 wind to chart plotter a70D via seatalk NG or NMEA
11-22-19, 02:38 PM (This post was last modified: 11-22-19 03:37 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] connecting st60 wind to chart plotter a70D via seatalk NG or NMEA
Hi ,

I have an st60 wind that is currently connected to a i70 tridata. The previous owners spliced a Seatalk ng cable into an old Seatalk 1 (black/red and yellow) cable then into the i70. They did the same from the i70 back to the chart plotter (a70D) . This gave power but no data connection. I have now run a new Seatalk ng cable from i70 back to the a70D. I have depth and speed but no wind data on the chart plotter.

Is there a way to get the wind data back without installing a converter kit (E22158)? I have a spare wire and could run the st60 wind straight back to my NMEA junction box and connect it as an input into the 2nd port of the chart plotter NMEA? would this work? Its just £100 to get wind data on the chart plotter seams pricey?

thanks

Adam
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] connecting st60 wind to chart plotter a70D via seatalk NG or NMEA - adamcovell - 11-22-19 02:38 PM