Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] connecting st60 wind to chart plotter a70D via seatalk NG or NMEA
11-25-19, 11:13 AM
RE: [CA11] connecting st60 wind to chart plotter a70D via seatalk NG or NMEA
Adam,

Q. What I am not clear about is.. can the i60 then be daisy chained onto the i70 then back to the chart plotter all with Seatalk NG cables? Or would I need a separate 5m spur with a new connection into the backbone for the i60?.. hopefully not!
A. Unlike the i70S MFID which features a single SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 communications interface to enforce the NMEA 2000 requirement interface all NMEA 2000 devices as individual spurs to the backbone, the i70 MFIDs (as do the i50 and i60 instruments) feature a pair of SeaTalk/NMEA 2000 sockets and will support being installed in the middle of a daisy chain spur of up to three devices. Within such daisy chain spurs the total length of spur cable used within the spur was not to exceed 6m. Within new systems and when seeking to follow best installation practices, it is recommended that daisy chain spurs not be created and that each device be installed as an individual spur as dictated by the latest NMEA 2000 installation standards.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] connecting st60 wind to chart plotter a70D via seatalk NG or NMEA - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-25-19 11:13 AM