Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] RV-100 Transducer Placement
12-09-19, 10:59 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-19 04:35 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] RV-100 Transducer Placement
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum DFMott,

Q1 - Can you look at the attached photo and indicate where the best position for the RVB-100 would be? I would prefer the starboard side only because it is a shorter distance to the MFD but i am pretty sure the cable is long enough.
A1 - Unfortunately, all hulls are not suited to transom mounted transducers (note that a thru-hull transducer has been installed forward of the first step). This is because of the presences of a step forward of the sponsons and low vertical height on the step (insufficient to properly mount a transom mounted transducer). Accordingly, I would not consider this hull to be well suited for a transom mounted transducer should one be expecting to have the transducer support operation at speeds greater than trolling speeds. Instead, I would recommend that a through hull pair be considered for this application, particularly if seeking to have the transducer support operation at speeds faster than trolling speeds.

Q2 - Hull Alignment. Since the hull is slanted and the transducer is flat I see there being three possible choices with regard to hull alignment. Can you look at the attached PDF and indicate which one is best?
A2. The image which you have labeled "A" is correct for those seeking to have the transducer operate while the vessel is on plane.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] RV-100 Transducer Placement - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-09-19 10:59 AM