Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] RV-100 Transducer Placement
12-11-19, 10:21 AM (This post was last modified: 12-11-19 03:29 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] RV-100 Transducer Placement
DFMott,

Q. Can you opine on which option is the better choice and why?
A. On hulls lacking steps and feature twin outboard or twin I/O propulsion, it would typically be recommended that the transducer be installed between the drives on the centerline.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3873]

However as indicated previously, a transom mounted transducer would not typically be recommended for this application. Mounting the transducer to the step may cause too much of it to be suspended beneath the hull, may prevent it from kicking up if it strikes something, and could pose issues with passing the cable through the transom & sealing the transom. Mounting the transducer to the location marked B (bottom centerline portion of transom of the step will cause the transducer to be aerated as the vessels speed increases toward planing speed and I suspect that it may well occur at or below 8 kt trolling speed indicated. As suggested within my earlier response, installations on challenging hulls such as yours are where the experience of a Certified Raymarine Installer may be worth the money spent. A list of Certified Installers in your area may be accessed by clicking here. Those Certified Raymarine Installers who are also Premier Dealers would have the most experience with Raymarine equipment installations.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] RV-100 Transducer Placement - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-11-19 10:21 AM