Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom v.3.11.42 bug fix - internal sonar
12-11-19, 11:15 AM (This post was last modified: 12-11-19 01:21 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom v.3.11.42 bug fix - internal sonar
The release notes for the Axiom v3.11.42 indicates a fix for "Signal-to-noise issues fixed for internal Axiom and Axiom Pro sonars"

can you provide more information on this? Symptoms and representations of the noise?

At the beginning of the 2019 season I replaced my 13 year old C series system (and related other systems) with an Axiom/Axiom Pro setup

Axiom Pro 9 RVX
Axiom 9
AIS 700 (new function)
Quantum 2
Autopilot (EV1, ACU-100, p70s)
RV-220 transducers

I installed all the equipment myself, with the exception of the transducers, which were installed by a local Raymarine dealer/installer.

Everything works fine!, except possible the 3d

I do not fish. The sonar is used, if needed, in SAR situations.

I noticed in the Real-Vision 3D mode that there were what appeared to be many BLUE BUBBLES (the on screen representation) directly under and following the path of the boat.

FYI, the original AIRMAR depth finder is still connected (to the Axiom Pro 9 RVX) via NEMA 183 and operational.

Software was always kept up-to-date (within 1 month of release) on all systems.

Are these "BLUE BUBBLES" noise and will the software possibly correct it? The boat is on the hard for the winter. Will not be able to test this until the spring.

Thank you for all your assistance with the original design. Truly enjoying the new systems.

Steve
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-19-19, 08:56 AM
RE: [CA11] Axiom v.3.11.42 bug fix - internal sonar
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum morowsky,

In some cases, the internal sounder produced a very noisy (cluttered) image. While performance was satisfactory to hold bottom, the water column could be cluttered, reducing its effectiveness in marking fish and rendering clear structure images. For this and other reasons, it is strongly recommended that LH3 v3.11.42 software be installed within Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs.
12-19-19, 10:31 AM
Thank you.

I will apply the latest update in the spring and test it out. If there appears to be an issue, I will make sure to get screen prints.

Steve.
12-19-19, 11:11 AM
You're welcome.