Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] transducer placement
12-17-19, 10:06 PM (This post was last modified: 12-18-19 10:50 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] transducer placement
I have been researching how to install the rv 312 transducers on my Carver 4207.

There are only two spots I can find where I can place them without cutting holes in my salon flooring to get to the hull. Both spots are in the engine room. One location is under the front of the engines, about 26 inches from the alternator on the port side, and 32 inches on the starboard, and the other location at the aft end of the engines about 34 inches from where the propeller shafts transit the hull, and about the same distance to the main battery charger and inverter.

At present, I have A raymarine transducer on a faring block under the front of the starboard engine that is 32 inches from the alternator and seems to work fine on my c120 multi-function machine with no apparent distortion or interference.

My question is, where do you think would be the best spot for me to place the transducer, and would it work if I had a custom made faring block with one rv 300 transducer in the same location as the present one?

thank you for your time
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-19, 10:59 AM
RE: [CA11] transducer placement
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Glenn,

It is recommended that the location is under the front of the engines be chosen for the installation of the RV transducer pair. Regarding use of custom made faring block with one rv 300 transducer in the same location as the present one, the results would be entirely dependent upon how well the fairing block actually prevents aeration of the transducer and the depth of the transducer with relation to the keel / hull bottom (if not mounted at the same or lower depth, then the keel / hull bottom may create a blind spot in imaging for the opposite side of the hull). In short, it would not be recommended that custom a made faring block with one rv 300 transducer be installed unless it was located on the keel. As indicated above, it would be recommended that a RV transducer pair be installed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply