Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom Displaying no heading
01-03-20, 04:45 PM
RE: [CA11] Axiom Displaying no heading
Nigel,

Q1. I don't really understand your statement

"Please note that fast heading data is required in support of many of LightHouse 3 software's heading dependent features. This will not be satisfied by interfacing a S1G/S2G/S3G to the system via SeaTalk alone". Are you implying that my current system i.e. S3 to network via ST to NG converter will not work?
A1. This statement does not apply to your system. I was directed at Swen's system, which features a gyro assisted S2G autopilot. Such autopilots support 10Hz heading output from their NMEA 0183 OUT1 port ... a requirement for features requiring stabilized 10Hz heading (i.e. MARPA radar) and maximize the performance of other features requiring heading data. Your S3 autopilot is not gyro assisted and therefore is only capable of 1Hz heading output ... the heading data rate supported by SeaTalk communications. While heading data from you autopilot will be bridged to SeaTalkng for use by the system, it data rate will accordingly be 1Hz rather than 10Hz and would accordingly not met the requirement for proper operation of the MARPA radar feature.

Q2. Compass connected to S3 (sorry didn't include this in my diagram) therefore course not available to ITC5. Presumably the system has always goy course from S3 via ST-NG?
A2. Raymarine autopilots don't output course data ... they output heading data. As indicated within my response to Q1, heading data will be bridged to SeaTalkng from your autopilot, albeit at 1Hz rather than 10Hz.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Axiom Displaying no heading - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-03-20 04:45 PM