Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom display
12-28-19, 01:07 PM (This post was last modified: 12-30-19 02:49 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom display
I recently replaced C90 widescreen with an Axiom multifunction display. It is a very nice unit but has a serious fault. On a trip from Panama to San Andres Island Colombia I went through a rain storm. The display was jumping all over the place as the rain hit the screen. I have a sailboat, Beneteau 46. Same thing would happen on any sailboat, center console power boat or fish boat where the controls and touch screen multifunction display is somewhat exposed to the weather. With this first experience, I can only conclude that touch screen is a terrible idea.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-30-19, 02:56 PM
RE: [CA11] Axiom display
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum David,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. I generally recommend that blue water and foul weather operators having open cockpit in which the equipment is installed consider a MFD having a HybridTouch interface for such installation locations. While it is possible to interface a RMK-10 Remote Keypad to an Axiom MFD, I would have to verify that doing so would then permit the Axiom MFD's touchscreen to be locked by the RMK-10 under conditions not suited for touchscreen use and then unlocked when operating under better operating conditions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply