Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Block diagram Oregon fishing boat with Axiom
01-22-20, 09:36 AM (This post was last modified: 01-24-20 10:00 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Block diagram Oregon fishing boat with Axiom
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum lukerabun,

Q1. Can I get a review of this block diagram?
A1. The block diagram is incorrect with respect to the following:

- No termination shown. A SeaTalkng Termination plug must be installed within each of the backbone's two unoccupied sockets. These sockets will be located at the extreme opposite ends of the backbone. More information concerning SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 networking here.

- A SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector features 3 spur sockets. A single product's Spur Cable or SeaTalkng Power Cable may be interfaced to a single spur socket. A SeaTalkng Power Cable may not be interfaced to a backbone socket.

- 600W and 1kW CHIRP transducers may not be interfaced to a Y-Cable. The A102146 is designed to accommodate mating two single frequency CHIRP transducers of the same family (ex. B175L & B175M; B75M & B75H; etc.)

- the autopilot's drive unit is not connected to the backbone ... it is connected to the motor terminals of the autopilot ACU.\

- the SeaTalkng Power Cable should be connected to a switched 12VDC power circuit

- the spur socket used to power the backbone should be located at the approximate midpoint of the backbone's LEN load.

- the Quantum radome's power cable should be connected to a switched 12VDC power circuit

Note: should neither MFD be installed in a location affording it an unobstructed view of the skies overhead, then a Raystar 150 GPS Sensor may be need to be installed and interfaced as a spur to the backbone.

Q1. do I need to go directly into the SeaTalkNG like shown or can I use NMEA 2000 Tees instead?
A1. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. As suggested therein, it is recommended that backbones be constructed from networking components of a single manufacturer. As Evolution autopilot system packs already include SeaTalkng networking components, it is recommended that the backbone be constructed from SeaTalkng networking components rather than tossing or adapting them ... this represents a potential cost savings. Spur sockets may be added to the backbone using T-Pieces or 5-Way Connectors. The latter are useful for connecting closely located products to the backbone.

Q2. If I can use Tees is there a limit on how many I can Tee together in my particular situation?
A2. There are no restrictions to the number of T's which may be used.

Q3. Are my Airmar transducers configured correctly with the use of the Y cable?
A3. See notes above.

Q4. Will I be able to view more than one transducer at a time?
A3. Yes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Block diagram Oregon fishing boat with Axiom - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-22-20 09:36 AM