Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Using Element 7S to update system components
01-28-20, 09:26 AM
RE: [CA11] Using Element 7S to update system components
General comment: There's no reason why equipment (except for fishfinder transducers) may not be powered off of the vessel. During the offseason / prior to installation, you may want to consider assembling a simple backbone which would include the MFD and one of the Raymarine components to be updated. Upon updating the component's software, the component may be unplugged from the backbone and replaced with the next component to be updated.

Q1. Once I connect the rest of the system, will the Element recognize that the new components are there and give me the option to update the interconnected components s/w using the version I downloaded directly or do I need to create a microSD card with the new s/w.
A1. I would recommend using a microSD memory card containing the entire contents of the Element display's compressed folder.

Q2. Does the updated s/w for components not yet connected remain resident in the Element?
A2. Negative.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Using Element 7S to update system components - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-28-20 09:26 AM