Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Complete New System Setup Guidance Needed
01-29-20, 10:31 AM (This post was last modified: 01-29-20 11:16 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Complete New System Setup Guidance Needed
Okay thank you for helping.
So is there any way I can use that GA150 gps antenna I have (say connected to the Ray53 or any other way?) or am I going to have to get a new gps antenna now?

Well understood on the separation of the EV-1, I have the old fluxgate in a very far away isolated from other components forward section of boat under the forward console seat center line; I think this will be an adequate location to mount the EV-1?

Understood that even though my B260 is flush mounted there is still chance of aeration issues; do you see any concern with installing the RV-200 back aft then. It would be centerline, on flat portion of keel, just forward of the transom and I would imagine actually would be deeper / less obstructed than if installing an RV-100 hanging off the transom? It also will not be along side or behind any hull penetrations / seachest / suctions etc. The only concern is that about 4 or so feet forward is the couple inch drop down of the stepped hull, but that should be far enough for the beam of transducer elements to now be effected as well as the aeration to not be an issue as again this would be basically the same as if mounted the 100 unit on a bracket hanging off the transom. Do you see anything I am missing with this arrangement?

As for the Seatalkng / NMEA200 / NMEA0183 connections I really was hoping for a bit more advice on how to go about it with my listed equipment and arrangement; I understand if you may not be able to give such advice? If that is the case I do hope some other readers of this thread wouldn't mind chiming in. Thank you.

I contacted a couple Yamaha dealers and was told to contact Raymarine to figure this one out, which unfofrtunately didnt provide muych info to go off of. I do not have the CL7 gauge, instead I have the Command link round style gauges for multi gague tachs and multi gauge fuel speed. The engines are 2005 300hp HPDI's and I have been told they may or may not be able to connect and display some data on the Axioms. The serial numbers are as follows and if they are able to display info I guess I would need either the nmea2000 gateway or ECI-100, or both?

LZ300TXR 6D1 X 1001602K 05-2005
Z300TXR 6D0 -X- 1003399K 06-2005
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Complete New System Setup Guidance Needed - SE-FL - 01-29-20 10:31 AM