Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Complete New System Setup Guidance Needed
01-29-20, 01:38 PM (This post was last modified: 01-29-20 01:41 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Complete New System Setup Guidance Needed
SE-FL,

Q1. So is there any way I can use that GA150 gps antenna I have (say connected to the Ray53 or any other way?) or am I going to have to get a new gps antenna now?
A1. Should the Ray53 be
- interfaced to the GA150, and
- be interfaced as a spur to the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone,
- and be interfaced to the GA150,
then GPS data from the Ray53 will be transmitted to the backbone for use by the system's other devices. As more than one device within the system features a GPS receiver, the system's Data Sources feature will need to be employed to specify that the Ray53 will be the system's data source for GPS, GPS Datum, and Date & Time.

Q2. I have the old fluxgate in a very far away isolated from other components forward section of boat under the forward console seat center line; I think this will be an adequate location to mount the EV-1?
A2. Should you have had good performance with previously installed fluxgate compass, then indeed, the current location of the fluxgate compass may be a good place to initially seek to install the EV-1 CCU.

Q3. Installation location for the RV-200
A3. Regarding the location for the RV-200, installing it behind the step will likely cause aeration of any type of transducer located aft of the step at some range of speeds. However, the RealVision, DownVision, and SideVision features supported by RealVision transducers are primarily intended for use when the vessel is operating at trolling / maneuvering speeds. The B260 would be the transducer of choice to support bottom tracking a higher speeds. In summary, should this be satisfactory for your needs, then your suggested location for the RV-200 would appear satisfactory.

Q4. NMEA 2000 backbone,
A4. Regarding the backbone, a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone will need to be installed onboard and it will need to have a sufficient number of spur sockets to accommodate interfacing the Data Master MFD, EV-1, p70RS, ACU, Ray53, ICOM VHF/AIS receiver, and engine gateway (Raymarine or Yamaha) as individual spurs to the backbone. As the MFD and very likely the ICOM VHF/AIS feature DeviceNet (F) sockets, any of the options listed at the beginning of the FAQ found here may be used to interface these products to a spur socket within a backbone which has been constructed from SeaTalkng networking components.

As cable lengths and desired installation locations for devices and networking components will vary for each boat and possible the desires of the owner, specific cable lengths are not typically provided. Raymarine offers SeaTalkng 5-Way Connectors to support interfacing products which are located within close relative proximity to one another and to permit several items to be connected to one another in one or more easily accessed location (ex. electronics box, helm station, etc.).

Q5. Engine interfacing.
A5. Only one type of engine gateway should be used. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing the subject of engine interfacing. Yamaha should been able to provide clear information concerning whether Yamaha's NMEA 2000 gateway (6YG-8A2D0-00-00) is compatible with your engines and I would recommend finding another source at Yamaha to provide such information should you desire to use the Yamaha app within LightHouse 3. Alternatively, should the engines be listed on the Yamaha tab of the ECI-100 Compatibility web page (I did see LZ300 engines listed) and have been interfaced to a Command Link or Command Link Plus, then an ECI-100 may be used to interface the engines to the Raymarine system.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Complete New System Setup Guidance Needed - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-29-20 01:38 PM