Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom Pro not recognizing external GPS
01-29-20, 03:44 PM (This post was last modified: 01-29-20 04:26 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Axiom Pro not recognizing external GPS
Your last statement is correct. The Data Sources feature of the Data Master MFD does not list the Maretron GPS Sensor. The i70 and p70 both list the Maretron. I can choose the Maretron as the GPS source from either the i70 or p70 and that choice propagates to the p70 or i70 but not to the MFD.

I was going to bring this up in another post but perhaps it's related.

I've been using the internal GPS as the GPS data source for all devices.

When we select a point on the chart to "goto" the MFD will stop the "goto" feature at random points. This is true if we are navigating to a waypoint or simply select a point on the chart. If we are using the autopilot and have it navigate to the point, the autopilot will indicate that it's "completed" the navigation. The autopilot will continue on it's course.

I have not submitted this as I've not captured the scenario in a clear manner where I can document exactly what happened. This frequently happens when someone else is on watch or by the time you realize you are no longer "going to" the waypoint there's no information about what happened.

We are in port in Mazatlan Mexico for the next week. We then depart for Puerto Vallarta. I was hoping to capture the exact scenario on that passage.

So perhaps this is all related? Are there error logs I can download from the MFD?

Thank you,
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Axiom Pro not recognizing external GPS - rfadler - 01-29-20 03:44 PM