Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom Pro not recognizing external GPS
04-12-20, 05:02 AM
RE: [CA11] Axiom Pro not recognizing external GPS
Found this very useful thread trying to solve a similar problem: I am unable to select my EM-Trak B350 AIS as GPS source on my Axiom.

- EM-Trak B350 AIS connected via N2K. Axiom displays AIS targets just fine.
- Activated B350 GPS RMC output using ProAIS2 (just ticked the box and write config)
- Activated B350 N2K GNSS PGN output with $PSMT,0,3,0x2C75B2FA,1,n2kognss -1,0*39 (using ProAIS2 serial data tab, info provided by EM-Trak support)

Axiom displays LAT/LON/COG/SOG messages of the B350 in the NMEA diagnostics screen just fine. Still, the B350 is not available as GPS source in the Axiom Data Sources/GPS screen.

I switched off the internal Axiom GPS, restarted, waited for 6 minutes as stated earlier in this thread and then the Axiom adopts the B350 GPS position! The Axiom Satellites screen displays "B350 via STng(43)". I noticed that on the next Axiom restart the B350 is immediately adopted as the GPS source (so no 6 minutes wait).

This work around is not great but could be acceptable. However it introduces the next problem: The Seatalk-STng converter (E22158) nog longer provides a GPS position to my Sailor 6222 VHF.

It appears that the B350 GPS N2K output sentences are not 100% compatible with the Raymarine devices. Whether this is an EM-Trak or a Raymarine issue is up for debate; I'll leave that discussion to the experts.

Any suggestions to get the Axiom to show the B350 as a valid and selectable GPS source? Or to have the Seatalk-STng converter adopt the B350 GPS position from the N2K network?

Any help would be really appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Axiom Pro not recognizing external GPS - DaTony - 04-12-20 05:02 AM