Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Transducer question - Replacement for a 2006 Searay 380
02-03-20, 02:32 PM
RE: [CA11] Transducer question - Replacement for a 2006 Searay 380
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum michels280,

Q1. Does this sound like a transducer issue?
A1. Without some testing, it would not be possible address this question. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to test the speed/temp transducer's thermistor. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to test a speed transducer. In order for the instrument to report an accurate depth, the vessel must be located in the water, and the face of the depth transducer must be free of marine growth, and the depth of the water beneath the transducer must be at least 3'. Should the latter two requirements have been met and should no or incorrect depth be reported, then it would be recommended that the depth transducer be tested by a Certified Raymarine Installer who is equipped with and EDI (or equivalent) depth transducer tester or that the transducer be replaced with and analog instrument depth-only transducer.

Q2. For new MDF, is there a better transducer that is more compatible with the i70 / e127, where I wont have to use the itc-5? These are the thru hull plastic transducers that have the screw top and plug. I do not want to change the sleeve in the hull.
A2. Transducers which were designed for use with ST60 instruments should indeed be compatible with the iTC-5. A transducer identification tag is affixed to the plug end of transducer cables by the transducer's manufacturer, Airmar, Inc.. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing where one may obtain parts for the currently installed transducers.

Q3. If I replace the transducers, are there any other electronics that I will need to replace?
A3. Negative.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Transducer question - Replacement for a 2006 Searay 380 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-03-20 02:32 PM