Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] Changing autopilot system $ rewire to connect st1 to stng
02-02-20, 08:18 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-20 05:55 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] Changing autopilot system $ rewire to connect st1 to stng
Dear Sir / Madam

Your help would be greatly appreciated, I have read many of the threads and think I under stand a little better now just how complicated this gets, but I think I have worked out how to interconnect my equipment. What looked like a good days work is going to take a good bit longer I think. I have drawn up a simple schematic electrical drawing which I think will work but would like your opinion on anything I may have wrong before I go ripping out and rewiring the system.

My yacht is a Sigma 362 used for pleasure cruising the equipment is old but works as it was designed to. The Auto Pilot system comprises of ST4000+ controller, Mk 2 wheel drive, Rudder Ref Unit, and a Fluxgate Compass. The new EV-100 Wheel Pilot system looked like a good and easy upgrade for better handling, bought one and hope it was a good move but not as simple as I thought it was going to be, Ha well we'll get there hopefully with a little bit of help.

Kit on the yacht now is:-
ST4000+ Autopilot, Mark Two Wheel Drive, Rudder Reference Unit, Fluxgate Compass
Two E80 Chartplotters, ST60 & ST60+ Wind, ST60 Speed & Temp, ST60 Depth Inst's
250 ASI Receiver, Basic Raymarine Radar, 218 VHF Radio & Hand held 2nd Station, RS125 GPS Receiver, NMEA,PC,ST1 Interface E85001.

Please find attachment drawing, it was done on Tiny Cad, but transferred to a word document.
Kind Regards
Tom Welsh
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-20, 09:38 AM
RE: [LW11] Changing autopilot system $ rewire to connect st1 to stng
Dear goremire,

Thank you for ypour post.

There does not appear to be an attachment, would you kindly reattach to the thread?

Thank you
Louise
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply