Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Type 1 auto pilot pump
02-16-20, 05:24 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-20 11:30 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Type 1 auto pilot pump
I had a RAYPILOT 650 installed on my Carver 390CPMY. I upgraded to the EV200 and used the pump that was on their. I believe the pump is tired. I was wondering if I can replace this pump with the Raymarine M81120 Type 1 pump. I have attached photo of the pump I have now. It has no model numbers on it.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-20, 11:31 AM
RE: [CA11] Type 1 auto pilot pump
Tony,

Q. I was wondering if I can replace this pump with the Raymarine M81120 Type 1 pump.
A. Yes.
02-18-20, 12:46 PM (This post was last modified: 02-19-20 11:05 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
THANK YOU! The answer I wished to hear!
02-19-20, 11:05 AM
You're welcome.
02-22-20, 06:43 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-20 08:45 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I just picked up my new Ray Type 1 pump. However, the connection points are not the same. On the original, they go “A” on left, “R” in middle and “B” on right. The new on is “B” on left, “R” in middle and “A” on right. Common sense tells me to just swap the connections to follow the new pump ports. SO, move A to the right port, and B to the left port. Make sense?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-24-20, 10:25 AM
Tony,

While the port marked R must be connect to the helm pump reservoir port, such care need not be taken with the A & B ports of the pump. Simply connect them in the easiest manner. After the hydraulic connections have been made and bleeding has been completed, the autopilot should be commanded to turn to starboard. If the pump causes the rudder / lower unit to turn the wrong way, then swap the pump's Motor A/B lead connections course computer / ACU's Motor terminals.
02-24-20, 10:54 AM (This post was last modified: 02-24-20 10:56 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Sounds easy! Thanks again!
02-24-20, 10:56 AM
You're welcome.
06-09-20, 04:41 PM
I swapped out the pump and the old one must have been tired. Now after bleeding it, which was easy, the pump spins like a sewing machine and then slows down when reaching the Preset limit rather than a slow pulse. I am looking forward to a sea trial in the next 2 weeks. Also, when setting to follow a course or track, will it do so once set, or do you have to acknowledge each way point in the course?
06-09-20, 06:30 PM
Hello tonyiiiafl,

It's great that you've got the pump issue sorted out.

When following several waypoints in a track or a route you will always have to acknowledge each waypoint. This is actually a safety feature in case an object or vessel intersects the planned course. The pilot has no way of knowing if it is safe to continue to the next waypoint and needs a human to allow it to do so. If the next waypoint message is not acknowledged the pilot assumes that something is wrong and will make a sharp course deviation. This is by design for everyone's safety.

Happy boating and kind regards
Jules