Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] i70 depth erratic from ITC-5
02-19-20, 03:56 PM (This post was last modified: 02-19-20 04:24 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] i70 depth erratic from ITC-5
Jeff,

When systems feature more than one source of Depth, the Data Sources feature of one of the system's devices should be used manually specify which source of depth data will be displayed within the system's devices. I generally recommend that this setting be configured within the system's i70/i70S if so equipped. The Depth overlay within a Fishfinder pane will always display the depth calculated by the Fishfinder sonar channel. It is recommended that the P79 transducer be removed from its reservoir to verify that it is filled with fluid. Finally, in-hull transducers are not suited to all hulls, careful attention must be paid, particularly with regard to instruments driving such transducers, that the hull thickness and makeup (i.e. must be solid fiberglass). While Raymarine does not specify a maximum hull thickness for the instrument version of the P79 transducer, the version for fishfinders (which outputs almost 10x more power) requires that the hull be no thicker than 5/8" in the installation location. Should the hull potentially be a factor, then the transducer may be tested by suspending it over the side of the hull.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] i70 depth erratic from ITC-5 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-19-20 03:56 PM