Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] System Upgrade and Integration
02-28-20, 08:49 AM
RE: [CA11] System Upgrade and Integration
SableFalcon,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. As indicated therein, the Type 100/300 course computer is not supported for use with a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. Unlike Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs, the Axiom MFDs do not feature a NMEA 0183 communications interface. It would typically be recommended that an Actisense NGW-1-ISO-STNG NMEA 0183 to NMEA 2000 Gateway be used to connect the autopilot course computer to the backbone and that the ST7000+ autopilot control head alone be connected to the autopilot course computer's SeaTalk communications interface. The backbone within your diagram is in need of a spur socket to accommodate a SeaTalkng Power Cable. Should you already own the i70 MFIDs, then the daisy chain shown is acceptable. The best installation practice, and only method supported by the i70S MFIDs, would require that the i70/i70S MFIDs each be installed as individual spurs to the backbone rather than daisy chained as shown within your diagram. Finally, the diagram should additionally show that the Axiom MFD will be powered via its supplied Power/NMEA 2000 Cable.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] System Upgrade and Integration - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-28-20 08:49 AM