Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom7 replacing E80
03-10-20, 09:41 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-20 10:33 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom7 replacing E80
OK, I have a Raymarine E80 with non digital radar 300DSM B744VL transducer and ST6001 autopilot. I have the correct adapter cable to hook the B744VL to the Axiom 7 (A80484) Have also updated the 7MFD to all current data from the website, thank you. Am keeping the E80 since there is no solution for non digital radar, and the ST6001 is interfaced with the E80.
2 Questions:
1-Will the ST6001 interface with the Axiom7, if so what cables/parts are needed?
2-I fish mostly less than 600 feet in saltwater on a 35' Boston Whaler with Outboards. Question: Can you explain the difference between the Airmar B744VL and the CPT-100DVS (A80351) transducer. I know they are chirp and non chirp, just wondering if a casual fisherman like myself can notice the difference in performance between chirp and non chirp, and if I need to configure the Axiom 7 Display to work with the B744VL.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-20, 12:34 PM
RE: [CA11] Axiom7 replacing E80
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Kelly,

Q1-Will the ST6001 interface with the Axiom7, if so what cables/parts are needed?
A1. Yes. However, the method used to interface the MFD to the legacy autopilot is dependent upon the model of autopilot course computer which is presently installed onboard. Please note that the ST6001 is an autopilot control head which was compatible with several models and generations of autopilot course computers. If supplied with the model of autopilot course computer or a photo of it, then we may be able to advise further.

Q2-I fish mostly less than 600 feet in saltwater on a 35' Boston Whaler with Outboards. Can you explain the difference between the Airmar B744VL and the CPT-100DVS (A80351) transducer. I know they are chirp and non chirp, just wondering if a casual fisherman like myself can notice the difference in performance between chirp and non chirp, and if I need to configure the Axiom 7 Display to work with the B744VL.
A2. General comment: Please note that the Axiom 7 DV and Axiom 7 RV MFDs may be simultaneously interfaced to both a compatible 50kHz/200kHz transducer as well as to a DownVision/CPT-S or RealVision Transducer respectively. Each type of transducer brings a different type of sonar imaging to bear to aid in providing a clearer understanding of bottom structure and the objects suspended in the water column.

The common 50kHz/200kHz fishfinder sonar imaging has traditionally been the standard sonar imaging choice for those seeking to locate fish. These time proven sonar frequencies have been counted on by serious fisherman for decades. CHIRP sonar addresses the fact that some species of fish mark better using frequencies other than 50kHz or 200kHz. By chirping across a range of frequencies, conical CHIRP sonar holds the promise of marking larger numbers of fish while producing sharper imaging than would typically be supported by 50kHz or 200kHz sonar frequencies. The DownVision and CPT-S transducers feature a low power / high frequency conical CHIRP element to support finding fish. DownVision sonar imaging utilizes high frequency CHIRP sonar having a cone featuring very narrow fore/aft angle and wide side to side angle. This sonar is capable of producing very sharp imaging which is ideally suited for locating and identifying structure ... and it is structure which often holds fish. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing the maximum depths supported by low power / high frequency CHIRP sonar and by DownVision sonar imaging. Samples of low power / high frequency CHIRP sonar and by DownVision sonar imaging may be seen below.

[Image: Submarine_Split.jpg]
[Image: Italy%20screen%20capture.jpg]
[Image: April%20comp%20winner.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply