Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom 9rv Network Cable
03-17-20, 10:49 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-20 12:59 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom 9rv Network Cable
HI,
I need to link my axiom 9rv (new to me unit) to my other Raymarine equipment via ethernet (RJ45 through raymarine ethernet switch). Can you tell me what cable I need to purchase from Raymarine?
Thanks
Bill
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-18-20, 01:00 PM
RE: [CA11] Axiom 9rv Network Cable
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Bill,

Which model of Raymarine MFD is the Axiom MFD replacing? What other devices are presently interfaced to the SeaTalkhs Network Switch?
03-21-20, 11:53 AM (This post was last modified: 03-22-20 06:44 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I have a the following:
E62220 E90w MFD
E63074 DSM30 Depth Finder
M78918 Airmar B66VL Transducer
E55058 Highspeed Network Switch box
E92142 RD418HD HD Digital 18" Radome

I will be replacing the E90W with the Axiom. I also have a CPT-S which I will be installing. Not sure if I want to keep both DSM and the new CPT but the main thing I wanted to make sure of was my Radar scanner will still work with my new AXIOM.
Thanks
03-23-20, 08:38 AM (This post was last modified: 03-23-20 08:42 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum unixdood,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. As stated therein, the currently installed radome and SeaTalkhs networking equipment may be retained. Additionally, please note that the DSM30/300 fishfinder sounder modules are not officially supported for use with Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL systems. Specifically, these MFDs (and the LightHouse 3 software) have not been specifically designed for use with nor officially tested with DSMs. However, anecdotal feedback from customers has indicated no issues thus far in using an operational DSM30/300 with Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL systems. Accordingly, should your DSM300 be operational, then you might want to consider trying it out with the new Axiom RV system. When interfaced to these sounder modules and a compatible 50kHz/200kHz transducer, then the Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFD will support a 50kHz sonar Channel and a 200kHz sonar Channel within the MFD's Fishfinder application.

The CPT-S Transducer may be adapted (part #A80490) to be mated to the Axiom RV MFD's Transducer socket.

With regard to Ethernet networking, as specified within the FAQ referenced above, on only need unplug the SeaTalkhs Cable from the Widescreen MFD, add an A80160 SeaTalkhs (F) to RayNet (F) Adapter to the SeaTalkhs Cable, and then plug the other end of the A80160 SeaTalkhs (F) to RayNet (F) Adapter into the MFD's Ethernet Network (RayNet) socket.
03-26-20, 04:43 PM
Thanks again Chuck for your detailed replies. Much appreciated
03-27-20, 09:41 AM
You're welcome.