Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Autopilot hunts terribly
03-23-20, 10:30 AM (This post was last modified: 03-23-20 01:27 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Autopilot hunts terribly
Hi there, happy Monday.

1. I can confirm the green LED is pointing forward on the boat.
2. The Pilot Factory Reset is what I have performed a few times now.. each time followed by the dockside wizard and then the appropriate compass calibration.. deviation remains between 2-4
3. Speed source has not been configured to manual.
4. Hard over time is 20 seconds but changing it does not seem to affect the pilot's behavior. I have tried the settings above everywhere from 6-20.
5. No significant play, perhaps a slight bit of looseness.

Again, it seems like something is going wrong in the way it communicated to itself -- it doesn't know how to do small 'tick' adjustments, which I have seen to be a characteristic movement of this system.

One thing I have noted is that the associated "power on/off" light on my breaker panel has a slow fade when I flip it off to depower the pilot. Is this because the ACU itself slowly drains DC until it shuts off, or could this be a sign of a wiring issue?

Video of the power light. "Instrument" is a different circuit, the "Accessory" switch is what the Seatalk backbone and the ACU are connected to.

https://youtu.be/uskIgQVcqeM
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Autopilot hunts terribly - delightful - 03-23-20 10:30 AM