Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Buttons not responding
03-19-20, 06:24 PM (This post was last modified: 03-20-20 08:40 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Buttons not responding
I have an axiom pro rvx. Went for a short run today and Midway into it the buttons on the MFD where non responsive. The knob was non responsive. I couldn't shut the MFD off without unplugging the power cable. When plugged back in it work fine the rest of the trip. I tried to replicate the problem at the dock by shutting it down, waiting and powering it back up., While playing with charts etc in between. I was able to make it replicate it but have no idea what triggered the issue. One minute it worked fine, the next minute buttons and knob are non responsive. Touch screen worked fine throughout with no issues. I have the latest software installed and the only instrument connected to the MFD is a transducer.

I just wanted to know if you've heard any reports of this issue before I go through my entire electrical system to have that ruled out?

Also is there a way to use the touchscreen to power down the unit incase this happens again? This is a real safety issue and should be something to be included in the next update if it isn't possible currently.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-20, 09:12 AM (This post was last modified: 03-20-20 09:14 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Buttons not responding
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Mleads310 ,

Please note that the MFD will not respond to some buttons when awaiting a response to an open menu or dialog. Should this not be the case with your system, then it is recommended that you ensure that your MFD has been updated with LightHouse 3 v3.11.42 or later software and that after having done so, that a Power ON Factory Reset Procedure has been performed to the MFD, and that the MFD's settings have been manually reconfigured, rather than restored from a saved settings file. Should the problem persist thereafter, then it would be recommended that the MFD be replaced by your Raymarine dealer (if purchased within the last 30 days) or sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.

Axiom Pro MFDs are exclusively designed to be powered off via their POWER button or via the circuit which is supplying power to the MFD.
03-20-20, 09:26 AM (This post was last modified: 03-20-20 09:35 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck, thank you for the quick response as always. I definitely have the updated software.

Two quick questions:
1-have you heard of any complaints or issues with this in the past?
2-in addition to the power on factory reset, is there any additional resets I should be doing?

I will be doing the power on factory reset today and will report back.
03-20-20, 09:43 AM
Mleads310,

Q1. have you heard of any complaints or issues with this in the past?
A1. While it is certainly possible that there may be an issue with the controls, such failures are somewhat uncommon.

Q2. in addition to the power on factory reset, is there any additional resets I should be doing?
A2. Negative.
03-20-20, 03:51 PM (This post was last modified: 03-20-20 03:56 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Update;

Ok I performed the on power reset procedure and it appears as tho, for now, it has resolved the issue! I only ran the axiom for about an hour but it had no issues with any functions.

Chuck, thanks again. Stay safe.
03-20-20, 03:56 PM
You're welcome.