Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] RS125 - No communication
03-30-20, 09:29 AM (This post was last modified: 04-03-20 07:35 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] RS125 - No communication
Zulu,

Q1. I found that when I switch the E120 at the helmstation off that the GPS works fine most of the time.
A1. With the MFD switched OFF, check the i70/i70S MFID to determine whether it is populating data cells which have been configured to display the lat & long data items. If so and as the system features a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone, care must be taken to ensure that SeaTalk bus is only being powered by the backbone via the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. Accordingly, only the Alarm leads of the SeaTalk/Alarm Cable should be used. Instead, the Data Master MFD's SeaTalk/NMEA 2000 port to a spur socket within the backbone via an A06061 / 4.92in (1.5m) E-Series to SeaTalkng Adaptor Cable to permit the MFD to access data previously accessed directly from the SeaTalk bus. Please additionally ensure that the MFD has been updated with E-Series Classic MFD v5.69 software.

Similarly, care should be exercised with how the autopilot course computer has been interfaced to the system to ensure that it is not supplying power to any device other than an autopilot control head and/ or wireless autopilot base station. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q2. I guess the starting point would be to upgrade both to the latest version. Is it 5.69 and will all else still work fine if I upgrade both.
A2. I would agree that this is indeed necessary for the following two reasons:

- for proper operation of the system, the software for the E-Series Classic MFDs was exclusively designed and tested to support a system in which all MFDs were operating with the same software level.

- the devices which you have listed / shown include a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. Should the MFD's NMEA 2000 port be used to interface the Data Master MFD to the system (considered to be a best installation practice and advised above) instead of its SeaTalk communications interface, then the MFDs must be updated with E-Series Classic v5.69 software.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] RS125 - No communication - Zulu - 03-26-20, 07:23 PM
RE: [CA11] RS125 - No communication - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-30-20 09:29 AM