Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Engine pressure alarm?
03-30-20, 08:37 AM (This post was last modified: 03-31-20 09:14 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Engine pressure alarm?
I am wanting to set up an alarm for engine water pressure. Is there a way to do this? Like alarm sounds if pressure drops below 1psi etc.
I saw other alarm options listed....
Axiom pro12 and es98 networked. All latest SW versions.
Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-31-20, 09:23 AM
RE: [CA11] Engine pressure alarm?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Bill,

With regard to engine monitoring, Raymarine MFDs are generally designed to merely monitor and repeat engine alarms. Should the engine system support NMEA 2000 communication via an engine gateway, monitor coolant pressure, and transmit a corresponding engine alarm when coolant pressure was insufficient, then the MFD may repeat the corresponding alarm. Unfortunately, engine water pressure is not among the data items which may presently be monitored within MFDs running LH3 software. However, MFDs running LH3 software have the option to report Coolant Pressure.
03-31-20, 12:30 PM (This post was last modified: 03-31-20 02:47 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Coolant pressure is actually what I want to set the alarm for- I apologize for my missuse of terminology....

How would set up an alert/alarm for coolant pressure in LH3?

Thanks again
03-31-20, 02:49 PM (This post was last modified: 03-31-20 02:51 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Bill,

Q. How would set up an alert/alarm for coolant pressure in LH3?
A. As with other engine data alarm parameters, the software of the MFDs does not support range checks to ensure that engine parameters are within user or engine manufacturer operating specifications. However per my earlier response, should the engine system transmit a corresponding engine alarm when coolant pressure was insufficient, then the MFD may repeat the corresponding alarm.
03-31-20, 02:53 PM
got it, Thank you- misunderstood part of the reply.
Cheers
03-31-20, 03:16 PM
You're welcome.