Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Question on T-connectors and ITC-5
04-07-20, 12:32 PM (This post was last modified: 04-07-20 04:34 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Question on T-connectors and ITC-5
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Joel,

Q1. where do you get those fancy network layout icons?
A1. The device icons appearing within the network diagrams of Forum's FAQ were produced by the author of those diagrams using Paint to reduce images from Raymarine's website and product manuals to contain only the product itself.

Q2: Can T-Connectors be attached directly to each other.
A2. SeaTalkng backbone spur connection components (T-Pieces, 5-Way Connectors, SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converters, iTC-5, and SeaTalkng Inline Terminators) are not designed to be joined directly to one another. SeaTalkng backbone spur connection components are designed to be joined to one another via an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Backbone Cable (shortest length is 400mm).

Q3a: I currently have ST60+ instruments and transducers. My goal is to add new i70s (2) and and Axiom7 to the mix. I see that if the current system has 12v (yes, all is working fine) that I should NOT power the ItC-5 as well?
A3a: Incorrect. It is recommended the SeaTalk bus be disconnected from its current source of power and that the SeaTalk bus instead be powered by the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone via a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. The power insertion spur for the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone should be located at the approximate midpoint of the backbone's LEN load.

Q3b. The Axiom7 I understand and have powered separately.
A3b. Correct.

Q4. My plan is is split the transducers/12v signal/power, running one set of wires back to the existing instruments as they are still good and the second set of wires to the ITC-5 and then to the new i70s and Axiom. Attached is a rough diagram. Does it make sense?
A4. This is incorrect. Please refer to my response to Q3. No diagram was attached to your thread. Please adjust the diagram to be consistent with this response and then attach to a new post to this thread. I will be glad to then review it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Question on T-connectors and ITC-5 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-07-20 12:32 PM