Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Question on T-connectors and ITC-5
04-07-20, 04:33 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-20 11:04 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Question on T-connectors and ITC-5
Joel,

Q1. Diagram attached.
A1. The attached diagram is a good initial attempt at determining the proper networking connections to be made in conjunction with the system upgrade. However, the following items are incorrect in that they do not reflect the information within my prior response, referenced FAQs, or other:

- the diagram indicates that transducers had previously been interfaced to the autopilot control head ... this is incorrect.

- the diagram does not show the autopilot course computer ... the diagram should be updated to show the autopilot course computer (name the model). The rudder reference transducer and fluxgate compass will need to remain interfaced to the autopilot course computer.

- the diagram incorrectly indicates that the autopilot control head will be daisy chained to the ST60 instruments. Please refer to the FAQ referenced with my prior response. Therein, you will find that it specifies that the autopilot control head(s) alone will be interfaced to one of the autopilot course computer's SeaTalk ports.

- the diagram should show that the daisy chained ST60 instruments will be interfaced to the SeaTalk socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter and that the other end of the daisy chain will be connected to the autopilot course computer's second SeaTalk port per the FAQ referenced with my prior response.

- the diagram indicates a backbone power insertion point which is not placed at the approximate midpoint of the backbone's LEN load (see link to FAQ within my prior response). It should be moved to spur socket located to the right of the SeaTalk socket within the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter.

Q2. does the ng to st1 cable come longer than 1m?
A2. Negative. If the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Cable supplied with the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit is of insufficient length, then it may be interfaced to a D244 SeaTalk Junction Block. The SeaTalk Junction Block would then be joined to the ST60 instrument daisy chain via an appropriate length of SeaTalk Cable having press-fit 3-pin plugs on each end.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Question on T-connectors and ITC-5 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-07-20 04:33 PM