Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] Axiom 9 random reboots still!
04-10-20, 06:03 AM (This post was last modified: 04-15-20 04:12 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] Axiom 9 random reboots still!
Hello and following on from this thread:
http://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.php?tid=10750

I have just had the system running for about 20 mins and then it rebooted yet again, this time it was just pressing the screen for the radar/chart split screen display.

Please find attached the crash log I saved straight after.

What are the next steps I can take to try to solve this annoying and dangerous issue (as we bought the new system specifically to be able to use the radar alerts/AIS alerts etc as we sail short handed).

Re install the latest FW? Have done this already before.
Power on reset? Have done this already before.

Thanks in advance and hope we can get this issue fixed as the MFD and radar are less than 10 months old and were installed by a registered Raymarine installer and therefore has the extended worldwide warranty etc

Lee
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-15-20, 05:38 AM
RE: [LW11] Axiom 9 random reboots still!
Dear Lee,

We have looked at all of the crash logs sent to us and are all different crash logs, there is no consistent crash to indicate the issue, this is unusual and needs further investigation.

In the network menu from the:
Homescreen>Settings>Network>Diagnostics>View all product info>save data - send this file so we can view what is on your network. Can you also provide a system diagram with all of the products and their software revisions on the network.
Check the STng backbone to ensure it is properly terminated and it all looks visually ok.
Send the unit in to our UK service department for investigation, this can be booked through the website here.

Where are you located and we can check where your local dealer is to come onboard and investigate further. With the current climate I am unable to state what the situation will be with the timeframe due to marina restrictions currently in place, is your vessel currently moored in a UK marina?

Many Thanks
Louise
04-15-20, 09:56 AM
Hello Louise and thanks for the replay and I will get the information you require (if I can) to you later today.

I will check all the connections, especially the ST to STNG converter, as never had this issue with our previous C80 plotter that did not use STNG.

We are currently located in Gran Canaria in the Canary Islands and for info this is the second MFD we have had as the originally installed one was replaced in Portugal by an approved installer as we experienced similar issues crossing the Bay of Biscay (which was not ideal!).

As said, will get what I can to you later.

Regards

Lee
04-15-20, 11:35 AM (This post was last modified: 04-21-20 05:02 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Dear leemarkadams,

Thank you for your post.

This will help as it could be something on the network that is causing the crash. It will also assist me with your layline query - I will respond to the post. As long as everything is setup for the laylines with all of the necessary data. You should be viewing them.

Many Thanks
Louise
04-17-20, 05:48 AM (This post was last modified: 04-17-20 07:31 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Louise and an update of the MFD issues here:

Ref the LAYLINES, I reinstalled the latest FW and set up everything again and the laylines were now available, however the MFD still rebooted randomly.

Ref the REBOOTS, I checked the ST and ST to STNG connector blocks and noticed that one of the connections in the ST to STNG connector was not fully locked in place so decided to redo them all and swap some of them around (STNG to the other STNG etc and not mix ST with NG). Following this I have had the system running for over 40hrs with me playing with all the apps and the functions (inc using the IPAD to remote control it) and has not rebooted during this time.

Fingers crossed all sorted and thanks for your help.
04-17-20, 09:16 AM
Dear leemarkadams,

I am glad you have resolved it yourself.

It is surprising how much corruption can be caused from a backbone that is missing a terminator or similar.

For reference, our menus are dynamic and features only appear when all of the data required is available.

Stay safe.

Many Thanks
Louise