Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] EV150 does not detect smart stick
04-11-20, 07:21 PM
RE: [CA11] EV150 does not detect smart stick
I tested the SmartStick and measured zero resistance between any of the wires. I am returning it. I ended up ordering an Axiom 7 to flash my EV-150 system. I’m going to assume the EV-150 will function fine without rudder feedback once I get off this v3.11 version. I could not find a certified installer near me who is operating during this COVID-19 crisis and I didn’t want to wait for a factory round trip for the flash.

I do have a follow up question though. I didn’t have any panel space to flush mount the p70rs, so I build a small housing for it and mounted with a RAM Mount. I can mount this small Axiom 7 in the same RAM Mount, but I do not have space for both. It’d be a shame to only use the axiom for flashing the autopilot. I want to know if I can use the Axiom to serve as a dedicated map and AP controller after ithe EV150 is calibrated and remove the P70rs from the system. I have looked at the documentation for the Axiom and see it can control the AP, but can it do it if the P70Rs is not connected? Can I replace the p70rs with the axiom 7 once I’m fished calibrating?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] EV150 does not detect smart stick - Dgfidler - 04-11-20 07:21 PM